Family Fitness thru martial arts
Arrowhead Martial Arts - "Building Black Belts One Student at a Time"
RSS

Recent Posts

It's been a while.... would I kick you in the head?
The New Year Resolutions and Martial Arts
Back to School Martial Arts Training
Special Training Days to Introduce Martial Arts to Adults
Martial Arts Tournaments and Training

Categories

Family
Martial Arts
powered by

My Blog

Family Fitness thru martial arts

Welcome to Arrowhead Martial Arts and Fitness new blog.  I am new to this so bear with me as we get going.

I thought an appropriate place to start would be to talk about family fitness and martial arts.  I see kids today (my own included) that spend most of their time in front of a screen be it a TV, video game or portable device.  I, myself, spend most of my day in front of a computer screen as part of my job.

Growing up in a small rural town, we kids spent our free time outside, playing.  I know times are different but as I drive through towns today, I don't see a lot of groups of kids playing.  I know there are exceptions.  There are kids that are involved in every sport imaginable for every season of the year.

We hear about childhood obesity and how "fat" Americans in general are getting. While I believe some of that has to do with diet, I thing a lot is related to exercise or lack thereof.  We also hear that as we age, we need to keep our minds active. But how do we compete with the game thrills of gunning down an opponent or running from a beast of some sort.

We as parents need to find an exercise that does not feel like exercise and offers flexibility and variability and offers the ability to learn new things.  Martial Arts or Tae Kwon Do specifically does just that.  Tae Kwon Do teaches skills in several areas: patterns, self-defense, sparring, and board breaking.  It is both aerobic and strength training at the same time.

By training in a family class you show your child by example the value of exercise, while at the same time you get the benefit of exercising yourself.  Your kids will see you struggle, achieve, win, lose, fall, laugh, and learn.  You will build memories that will remembered long past their childhood.

I encourage you to try a class or two with your child.  You may be surprised how much you really like it.  Contact us for more information on how to start today!

9 Comments to Family Fitness thru martial arts:

Comments RSS
Jeet Kune Do Online Training on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:21 AM
Many experts and family members agree that getting the family involved in an exercise program helps everyone stick to it. And one of the best forms of exercise that can involve an entire family is martial arts. This is because martial arts have various levels that fit most ages, and often children and parents can progress along together.
Reply to comment

Personal Trainer London on Monday, April 22, 2013 8:27 AM
What a commendable work you have done by posting regarding the family fitness, with simplest of language. I can’t resist myself to leave a comment and trust me it’s hard to impress me.

Pharmacy Dropshipping on Saturday, August 17, 2013 2:27 AM
You've shared a terrific topic. Thanks for this wonderful sharing and want to know more detail so please continue...
Reply to comment

flatbellychallenge on Monday, August 26, 2013 6:57 AM
Exercise is one of the most important factors to stay fit and healthy.It helps to reduce fat from the body.
Reply to comment

Plexus Slim Accelerator on Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:06 AM
family fitness is as important as to eat food regularly. There is very good publish and charming pictures on the publish. It's reveals that how much essential and how looks stylish presently when it's wants. Thanks for discussing.
Reply to comment

Cosmetic Surgeries on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:52 AM
This is very much great and hope fully nice blog. Every body can easily found her need able information. I am visit first time but I fond many use full article. I will back again when get time.
Reply to comment

Cosmetic Surgeon on Saturday, September 21, 2013 1:45 AM
family fitness through marital arts is something alluring concept that I have heard of but was not having proper details on it.
Reply to comment

Look here Buy phentramin-d on Saturday, October 05, 2013 7:05 AM
Thank you for this extremely brilliant blog! We really appreciate your blog post. There are actually a multitude of techniques we could put in to make really a good use of information without much efforts and financial resources.
Reply to comment

buy clothes online on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 12:40 AM
I am happy with you help and thanks for such nice work.
Reply to comment